Thursday, April 4, 2013

CVS Coupon Run--I paid 5 cents on the $1

You know you're broke when you too broke to coupon! That's why it's such a blessing to be able to start investing in a Sunday paper again!

Here's my first, real CVS run in over a year! A few of the things I wanted were out of stock.

almay cosmeticsClear Shampoo---$4.99
Free Coupon from CVS coupon machine
$1.25 rebate from Ibotta
Betsy's Price: +$1.25

I purchased 2 Almay Mascara for $5.99 each and 1 Wet 'n Wild nail polish for a total of $15.47
Earn $3 ECB
$5/$15 make-up purchase from CVS coupon machine
$5/2 Almay Cosmetic Products
Betsy's Price: $0.82 each!!

So, I purchased $27.06 retail. I paid $5.47. I received $3 back in ECB meaning I paid $2.47 which would be a savings of 91%. But then I top of that I earned a $1.25 rebate from Ibotta which means I ended up paying only $1.22 for $27.06 in products. A savings of 95%.

I've shared before about how I buy next year's  stocking stuffers and Easter basket items after the holiday is over. 

So I purchased some candy and items at 50% off. The retail total would have been $11.34. After the 50% off, one item free because it was "Buy 2 Get 1 Free", and using the $3 ECB I received on the first order, I only paid $1.65. That's a savings of 85%!

A word about holiday candy. Most are now marked with "Best when used by" date. While I've been choosy in the past concerning which candy I would trust for a whole year, the dating on the candy is a handy tool.

No comments:

Blog Archive