Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Proverbial Reading--Pro. 31:31

I mentioned on My Reading List that our adult Sunday School ladies were going through The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspectivewhich, of course, means reading Proverbs 31!  
I read through the passage everyday for a month a couple of years ago.  It was great!  In fact, it's why I started couponing!
I was reading it again, and the very last verse was convicting. (I know.  The whole thing can be convicting, but I'm choosing to focus on one convicting thing at a time!)


Proverbs 31:31 "Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates."


That's something I'm considering today as I teach my daughter, do the laundry, feed my family, dust the living room, etc.  Would the quality of the works I'm doing give me praise?  Praise is a very exciting word in the Hebrew.  It means "to shine, make a show, cause to celebrate, et al.  Would my dishes make me dance?  Would my clean potty cause a party?  Probably not, but I need to work as if it would.


And if I were given the fruit of my hands, would my hands be full or empty?  The Hebrew word hand here means an open hand indicating power, means, direction, etc.  Would the amount of effort, energy and focus I use warrant me having a gain or just getting by?


Well, that's what I was pondering and praying about.  It definitely made a difference as I worked my way through the day!


Linked to:
  
















No comments:

Blog Archive