Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday HodgePodge



1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?  

I did not watch on Saturday.  I used to watch all the time, but am hesitant now because of my daughter.  I don't have a problem with a "beauty" contest, but the swimsuit round bother me.  I'm trying to teach modesty, so watching a show where girls are graded on how they look in an immodest bikini seems counterproductive.
  
I actually have a few talents that work well on stage!  I'd probably sing.

2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?

I currently have one living plant and one fake plant.  I'm hoping to get one of those cool bamboo plants for Valentine's Day.  {Hint. Hint. Nudge. Nudge.}

3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?

I will have to admit that generally I was a teacher's pet which means I raised my hand often and actually went out of my way to talk to my teacher.  Yes, sometimes I even asked for extra things to do.


4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?

Recently, my choice has been Yu-Hsiang Pork, but asking for it not spicy.  It's the best of both worlds...pork and veggies.

5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?  

Simply, a miracle is something could only happen because God intervenes.  The only thing it takes for me to believe in miracles is to believe God's Word, but it helps when you see Him doing something, too!

6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.

I can't just pick one.  The one I've been thinking about recently is "I've Got a Dream" from Tangled.

7. I should have _____________ yesterday.

"Done more laundry"  'Nuf said.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I wonder if we are they only suckers who have ever purchased Monkey-Picked Oolong.  I mean, those monkeys must have a union or something for it cost that much!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I kind of feel like the swim suit round only demonstrates athleticism (their claim) if they actually make the girls swim : ) I do think the girls are more athletic and 'in shape' than in the old days where it was more about having a figure.

Cindy said...

a few talents that would work well on stage and you only share singing!! Come on fess up, what are the others?
baton twirling? ballet? juggling? DO TELL!

Blog Archive