1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year'sSuperbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
I think a patriot is a person who is loyal to a country.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?Me. I weigh way too much.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?Wow. There was so much going on. I was taking care of my elderly and extremely ill grandparents while doing my senior year.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?Coconut could go. Mashed potatoes are great but not a necessity. Mayonnaise, well, I guess I could use ketchup. SOOOO...DRUMROOLL...The hardest white food for me to give up would be vanilla ice cream.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
I know I have been though colder times than this one, but the one that always comes to mind is my wedding weekend. IT WAS SO COLD!!! Of course, it was plenty warm once we got to the hotel...wink, wink!
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?Really? I'm hosting a brunch? I'd be much more likely to help or co-host. I think some of the easiest and yummy brunch kind of things are mini muffins, bagel, fruit salad. Maybe some kind of baked omelet casserole thing.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
Oh, you're supposed to combat it? Maybe it's not negative thinking. Maybe it's realistic thinking. No, I really do try to combat it (sometimes!) Bringing Scripture to mind helps because it's not me saying it but God.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Today I learned the difference between a maze and a labyrinth. A labyrinth has only one way in and then you come back out the same way. Only one path. A maze, on the other hand, has various ways to go and dead ends.
So, then I have questions about the whole Minotaur and labyrinth myth. Everyone was supposed to get lost in the labyrinth which is why Theseus used the yarn when he went in. You wouldn't get lost in a labyrinth. You'd get lost in a maze.
Yes, I actually think about things like this.
|This is a maze.|
|This is a labyrinth.|