Now, for what I decided to use...
MyJobChart.com That's right! It's online! Meaning I don't have to make anything. It's free to use. Mija thinks it's cool because she gets to go online to check her "jobs".
- You set the chores/jobs.
- You determine the points for each.
- It allows the child to save, share, and spend.
- They can spend their points on activities or items you select, or items you select from Amazon.com like books and games.
- One point would equal one cent if you use money or purchases as an incentive.
- You can add or subtract points on your own based on attitude or other actions (good grade, helped without being asked, etc.).
We've only have used it one day, but it's seems to be a hit. We've started only with a few basic things until we get used to it (although she's already asking for more jobs, so she can earn more points). Since we're uber-poor, we have not selected anything from Amazon to purchase. We've have selected rewards such as making cookies, going to the park, or game night. We've also given her the option to save in her savings account or give to church. That will cost us a little money when she does those.
I'd love to know what you all do for chores! And I'll see if this online chore program works past day one! ;-)