Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday..."The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb it's routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine" and how'd you do it?
This is a good quote. I think it's true. I think disturbing your routine means to give yourself challenges. Reading a different author or genre of book. Trying new recipes. Trying new ways to organize or clean. Growing and experimenting definitely keeps your mind from being sluggish.

2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
I do appreciate good, fried chicken. Oh, and McDonald's french fries. The thought of frying food doesn't sound great currently. The person who lived in this house before FRIED EVERYTHING. We moved in to find about an eighth of an inch of oil in the bottom of the oven!  I'm not exaggerating. It's been a real pain trying to get it cleaned. There is still so much baked on, I'm afraid to do a self-clean! Poof! In home fire pit!

3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
Yes, I did have an allowance. I truly don't remember what I did with it. I rarely had to save up money for anything because, well, I was spoiled. I was a granddaughter being raised by two grandparents. All I had to do was ask and look cute and my grandpa got it for me. 
Now, we currently do not give mija an allowance. We still haven't figured out how we want to do it! For chores, not for chores, for special jobs but not chores, how much, etc.  Definitely would appreciate any ideas you all have!
The fact we don't give allowance is probably why the
tooth fairy is so generous!
4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
Wow, I can't think of anything I want to know more about. That's not to say I know it all, but right now, I want more time to master what I'm already doing and learning!

5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
You know, I can honestly say I can't think of anything I'm too old to do, BUT there are things I'm too heavy to do.  That's frustrating. Amusement parks. Community theater. Learning to belly dance. I don't think I'm too old for any of...but too heavy.

6. What's song you think has a great first line?
First line? All the songs that keep coming to mind are story songs. I like story songs. So, I first lines that are battling for first place include:
Her name was Lola...
My father married a pure Cherokee...
The marchin' band came down along Main street...
Daddy was a cop on the east side of Chicago...
I think the winner is the this last one.
Is this the real life?
Okay, definitely dating myself with those. Can you name the songs? I'll give you help with the last one.


7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
First, I was just writing for myself. My blog started just as a place for me to store articles and thoughts and if anyone else read along, it was okay.
Now, I do think more about my audience. But since I kind of picture my audience as people like me, I guess I'm still writing for myself! What a narcissist! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't forget to enter or share about my giveaway of a year subscription to My Well Planned Day software!  The giveaway ends next Wednesday!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

The marching band came down along Main Street...Billy Don't be a Hero. I haven't thought of that song in years but I'm pretty sure it will be in my head all day now : )

Kathy said...

I'm stopping by from the Hodgepodge today.
I'm a huge fan of fried chicken--and those McDonald's fries, too.

Blog Archive