Tuesday, September 4, 2012

#FlirtWithHairColor--I got to color for FREE with Clairol


I frequently get to try cool things for free with VocalPoint.com.  This time, I got to try Non-Permanent Hair Color from Nice 'N Easy.

I was really ecstatic because my hair has been in dumpy, frumpy mode for quite awhile. A husband unemployed does not leave much moola for things like hair coloring and cuts. I even had to cut my own toe nails!!! So, the chance to add some color to my hair gave me some hope.

As it states, it is non-permanent. It will wash out in about 28 washes. Mmmm, if I only wash my hair once a week, it would last half a year!  That's not going to happen so, it will fade away gradually. Personally, that's why I usual purchase permanent. If I'm going to pay the same amount of money, I want it to last!

There was a definite challenge in finding the product. Once I did find a store who carried it, it was a very limited selection. I usually prefer to go with an auburn, but there were none, so I went with a light golden brown in an attempt to bring some color to my hair. My hair is fairly dark except for all the gray hairs radiating from around my face! Finding a color that will "do" something can be challenging.

The process was the same as any other boxed hair coloring. No challenges there! Mija was very excited to watch me "mix up the magic" as Ted Gibson calls it on What Not to Wear.
Here's the before and after:
You really can tell a difference. It is more "golden" than before an a slightly lighter hue. My one disappointment was that it didn't cover the gray very well. I know gray never gets covered all the way, but it was still a very prominent looking blond color. Here's a picture taken outside.
So, all in all, it was a nice treat. The coloring worked fine, but I still would prefer a permanent hair color. If you've never colored your hair before this would be a great way to try it out!

No comments:

Blog Archive